Work With Us
Merritt’s team is complemented by our many long-standing partnerships with subcontractors and suppliers in the Baltimore/Washington area whom provide us with competitive pricing and outstanding service. These relationships, some with a 30-year history, also ensure that all construction team members embrace our standards of quality and service.
That said – we welcome the opportunity to expand our partnership network with additional quality vendors in the area. If you are interested in registering as a Merritt Construction Services subcontractor, please register here.
It is the policy of Merritt Construction Services to strive for the highest safety standards on all of our construction sites. Every employee on the shell and interior construction staff is issued the following items:
- Safety Program Manual
- OSHA-approved hardhat
- OSHA-approved safety glasses
Additionally, each employee must watch a safety video. The Merritt safety program has been developed to comply with federal, state and local regulations with particular emphasis on the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSHA) and the OSHA requirements that apply to our construction operations. It is the obligation of all employees to be knowledgeable of the standards established by these agencies and to implement the rules and regulations on construction sites under their direction.
The following topics are some of the general subjects addressed in the Merritt Construction Services Safety Manual:
- Accident Investigation Program Housekeeping
- Aerial Lifts Ladders
- Barricades and Hole Covers Laser Protection
- Chutes (Trash) Material Hoists
- Compressed Air Personal Protective Equipment
- Compressed Gas Cylinders Pile Driving
- Concrete Power-Actuated Tools
- Concrete Pumping Operations Rebar
- Cranes Rigging
- Demolition Safety Meetings
- Electrical Hazards Shop Area
- Equipment (Motorized) Site Clearing Operation
- Excavations Steel Erection
- Fall Protection Tools
- Fire Protection Traffic Control
- First Aid/Lifesaving Equipment Truck Driving
- Floor/Wall Openings Underground Utilities
- Fork Lift Operation Vehicles
- General Safety Rules Welding/Burning
- Guarding of Open-Sided Floor Platform Work in Traveled Roadway
- Guarding of Wall Openings
- Hazard Communication Program
A safety consultant from Diversified Safety Services makes regular, unscheduled jobsite inspections and files a report of any concerns with the main office. Superintendents are required to conduct regular safety meetings with all subcontractors on-site to address general safety issues along with any specific job related concerns.